Thursday, May 26, 2011

Voice Hunting

I showed my work to robin today and my feedback was that the voices for the characters could be better. At this point, the voices of the characters are I and my sister. I edited the pitch of her voice and mine to match each character. Lowering the pitch if it was for Basilo and Mutusammy, Higher pitch for Basila and Rummie. Robin says that it is not very understandable what the characters are saying.

Reasons:
1. Accent
2. Tone
3. Pitch

The accent for Mutusammy is of an Indian accent. However, it causes the animation script to be unclear to the audience.

The tone for each character might not be suitable for a documentary cartoon animation. I need to learn how other documentaries speak in their show.

The pitch for Rummie and Basila sounds very artificial. I increased the pitch of the voice recording which caused it to have a chipmunk effect. The voices are very cartoon like (alien voice), adorable and funny but that is the reason it is then unsuitable for an informative animation I would like to present to my audience.

Therefore, despite the short of time I would want to scout for talent among people I know for suitable voice, and if they would spare me some time to read the scripts for of the character.

Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.8

No comments:

Post a Comment