Thursday, May 19, 2011

The Initial Voice Recording and Estimating Animation Lenght

To make things get moving, I used the help of my sister to read and act like the script of the animation.

After recording it, I edited the pitch to suit each character. Lowering the pitch for the male characters and increasing the pitch for the female characters. This process took a very long time. As I need to edit some of the bad sounds on Audacity, audio editing freeware.

After completing the sound editings, I played them all in their proper sequence on the media player. Through this process, I could observe the raft length of the whole animation.

It was 6 minutes long.

I decided to remove some of the lines in te script to shorten the animation as it would be very unhelpful for children or even adult to sit and watch an animation for 6minutes since average attention span for children is about 10 minutes.

After removing some script it became 4 minutes.

I'm still not happy with the length. I will need some advice from my tutor of what they think of the length of my animation.

No comments:

Post a Comment